Friday, December 14, 2007

One scoop of vanilla please.....

I've been reading some of my friends blogs and I've realized how plain Jane my blog is looking. It's very passive on my part. It's my way of being non-commital. Seriously, I'm just creatively challenged.

I haven't been posting lately, and I don't know if anyone really notices. I haven't put my blog out there and I, certainly, haven't told that many people that I have one. It feels really strange. I know I'm just over analyzing the whole thing, which is typical of me. It keeps me from actually having to deal with any real issues.

These days my real issue is my parenting skills, or lack thereof. It's sad really. I have three fabulous kids, but I'm not being the parent they deserve. I don't have any patience. I lack the knowledge on how to deal with their delicate psyches. I want my children to be successful human beings, but some days....ok, too many days, I am as selfish as I feared I would be. I know it's normal to feel this way. Parenting can get overwhelming. It's a thankless job, blah, blah, blah...They deserve better, but they are stuck with me...

So, that's why I've spared the airwaves. I can't think about much else right now. As hard as I try to be more interesting all I can think to write about are my kids.

I have been dreaming of bikini bootcamp. Since the knee surgery, I've put on quite a few lbs. I'd love to go to some far off beach where all I have to do is take care of myself. I'd miss the alcohol, but it would be worth it. I just can't imagine leaving my babies for a week. A girl can dream......

No comments: