Monday, October 29, 2007

I'm sad again......

Recently, I read about the deaths of 2 New York Firefighters. The Deutche Bank that was damaged in the 9/11 attacks was on fire. I don't know what happened...but it made me sad. It's hard to hear about firefighters losing their lives in the line of duty.

My husband asked me about a guy we met when we were visiting New York....back in our child-free days. His name was simply "Bobby" to us. We met him while he was bartending at Chumley's. Typical firefighter....you know, big personality, big flirt. My husband showed me a picture of the guys that died in that fire in New York and asked me if I thought that this was 'the guy'. It was. Now, I'm sad again. I have memories of this person....just like all the other people have memories of this person.

We share this common human experience. I don't know why it should be so much more painful when it's firefighter....a firefighter in a building that was damaged in the attacks of 9/11... a firefighter we know....Robert Beddia.

No comments: