Saturday, September 15, 2007

insouciant

Insouciant. This must be the new 'it' word. The last 3 books I've read used this word waaaaay too many times. It's a pretentious way to say 'i don't give a crap'. Nonchalant, carefree....whatever. So not me.


I used to think I was carefree. Then I had kids. Now I care about every little detail of my children's lives.....to the point of distraction. There is so much to think about that I can't prioritize. Are my children watching too much TV? Did they poop today?

I'm on the second day of recovery from knee surgery and the pain meds aren't working....gah! I am sitting in my room listening to my family go through their morning routine. It sounds like heaven from here, but I know it's hell out there. Funny, their squeals and complaints make me smile when I don't have to respond to their demands or referree their disputes.

If only I could maintain this perspective, I may discover my insouciance......

No comments: