Wednesday, September 19, 2007

One blog too many

I think I may have got a little overly excited about discovering blogs. The mom track went so well, I thought I'd take a look at other interests in my life. So, I put in a search....USMC. Sadly, I was disappointed.

I served in the Marines from 86-91. This is something of which, I am proud. I served my country and proud to still call myself a Marine. What I am not so proud of is some of the lame ass macho bs that it attracts. Seriously, the people I served with that were most memorable were the ones that truly encompassed the ideals of being a Marine. There were just so many others, as in the fire service, that hid behind the title with false bravado. You know the ones.

I often wonder how people like this see themselves. They know they are cowards or shallow in character, but yet, use attitude and tough talk to mask these shortcomings. I will not expose myself voluntarily to these people anymore.

No comments: